Thursday, August 02, 2007

cape fear

Back on Monday, I stopped by Walmart in Vallejo to pick up some food for the cats; they like Fancy Feast. I noticed a guy behind me in the checkout line buying an EPT pregnancy test. Although I only saw his face very briefly, like a half a second, I sensed the fear, anxiety, and dread in his eyes. All I could think of was that he's someone who A.B. does not like (think "wb"). And I could see her laughing at the guy's distress and at the same time rolling her eyes of the thought that another baby might pop out soon.

I didn't know whether to feel sorry for the guy or look at the humorous side of the situation, if there was one. Like a Seinfeld episdoe comes to mind, how we laugh at the misfortune of those characters ;)

1 Comments:

At 9/06/2007 11:11 PM, Blogger Christina said...

*cackle* Apparently, everyone enjoys a little schadenfreude :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home