Saturday, July 21, 2007

twilight zone or groundhog day?


Driving from the 5th/Mission St. Garage, I passed by this corner on 4th/Howard. Was I shocked or delighted? Both maybe? Definitely puzzled.


There was a Jollibee at this same location some years back. It closed and got replaced by a Thai restaurant I believe, and now Jollibee's back! Jollibee's are sprouting up in places like Vallejo and Sacramento, and now back to this place. I'm happy that there's more access to the environmentally unfriendly restaurant, as my friend pointed out last night: they use styrofoam even for a cup of rice!!!!!! An unfortunate truth. I mean I can understand using styrofoam for the wet foods, but rice?


I craved this type of food the moment I returned from the Philippines in February. In true "fashionably" late pinoy or CP time, they sure are taking their sweet time in opening the Vallejo restaurant. We currently have to drive all the way to Daly City or Union City(?) to enjoy Filipino-style spaghetti, banana-langka pie, Aloha burger, or burger steak!


Hope this Jollibee has better business. Can they win over a bigger, non-Filipino-American eating audience? Will that make a difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home